I keep trying to post, but then the medication hits.

I have the generic version of Lortab Elixir in the Knock-'Em-Out, Kick-'Em-Overboard strength, so I go from sort-of making sense to not making any sense at all.

First, to recap: surgery was a success. Dr. Crane did remove all my soft palate and a whole lot of my hard palate, but the DDS who's doing the obdurator revision assures me that it's better this way. Dr. Crane and his folks got at least a centimeter margin all the way around the lesion, and only had to take one tooth out rather than two.

It's amazing how well this has gone from the start. Things went just as well on Wednesday: the anesthesiologist induced me with no drama, I woke up in post-op, and from the minute I woke up remembered everything that happened.

I didn't even have any nausea. None at all. That's how amazing this has been.

I'll see Dr. Crane again a week from yesterday and the DDS sometime before then. I don't know when I'll start radiation; I imagine we'll talk about that during the first follow-up appointment.

Meanwhile, Max is on the living room rug and the boys have invaded Friend Pens' personal space to a shameful degree. It's a little rainy and very cloudy here, and I have stacks of books and movies to get through, if I don't feel like napping.

Thanks, everybody, for all your good wishes. It was so comforting to log on from the hospital bed and see that the world still existed outside!

And whee! There's the pain meds. Guacamole over vanilla ice cream sure sounds good right now.