I have a question for you minions.

Since I came out with the news that I HAVE CANCER (echo chamber effect), I've gotten a hopload more followers and readers.

It strikes me that little to no good is coming out of that except some ego-stroking, which I certainly don't need.

It also has come to my attention that I've gotten a number of emails (more than ten) which have encouraged me to set up a tip jar for treatment expenses and so on.

Now: here's the deal:

As of right now, I don't need any extra cash. I'm getting by fine. I have people who owe me favors, and family who's willing to give me moolah if I need it. There are, however, people who are not as lucky as me.

Given that I have a cancer that is listed on the National Database of Orphan Diseases, it interests me that I might be able to make a difference for somebody with an orphan disease.

However, putting up a tip jar seems kinda... ... ...tacky.

What do you guys think? You're the ones who'd be donating money, either on an ongoing basis, or just once. You're the ones who'd have to dig into a pocket. Would you be willing to help support a really freaking obscure cause?

More importantly, would you be willing to trust me to pick a disease rare enough, and weird enough, to justify the efforts of HN readers?

Let me know what you think in the comments. I'm truly interested, though this may not get underway for a bit.

Thanks.

Jo