This morning I stepped through the bathroom floor.
Yes, that bathroom floor. The one an ex-boyfriend of mine and I spent six weeks working on. I was turning on the shower when *crunch* went my right foot, right through some tile.
BN (Before Nursing), I would've panicked. AN (After Nursing), here's my thought process.
1. Is it a problem?
2. Is it a problem that will prevent me from showering?
(Get into shower.)
3. Is this a problem that will require me to wake up Boyfiend for his opinion?
No. It can wait.
4. What are the best-case and worst-case scenarios when it comes to fixing this problem?
Best: Replace a few squares of floor tile
Worst: Rip out entire bathroom and replace everything; live with Boyfiend while bathroom is being dealt with
Median: Rip out part of the bathroom and replace, bathe in kitchen sink
5. What is likely to have caused this problem?
In descending order of likelihood:
a) Wonky plumbing in the wall that we didn't notice the first time
b) Rot from bad grout lines in the floor
c) Leftover damage from pipe breaking under house
d) Ants or termites or some other bug
e) Aliens have decided to use my bathroom floor as a portal to another universe
6. What does this mean for the problem as it stands?
Ask for Home Depot gift cards for Christmas. Wait until Boyfiend to drink coffee before examining the floor. Make popovers.
(Get out of shower, make popovers.)