What you guys did today:

The Crisis I wrote about this weekend is far from averted--that's going to take years and more miracles than even *we* currently have on tap--but it's certainly been mitigated, at least in part.

The folks who got the money are going to be able to do things like pay for heat, and medication, and gas for the car. That was not going to happen before you all gave your okay. Now they don't have to juggle one in order to pay for another, or go short on one thing to get not-quite-enough of something else.

You guys took *so* much worry off of these people's shoulders, I can't even express it. You know how you can just tell when somebody is totally on the edge, how it just bleeds through in their writing, even when they're trying to be brave? Imagine that times about a hundred, from somebody who never complains and never asks for help, and that's what you helped alleviate.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You all made somebody's day, really and truly, in addition to making mine.

I've said this before: I cry so much more now than before I was diagnosed. It's like all my emotions got sandpapered, and tears come to the surface much more easily. This is the second time in a row I've cried overjoyed, proud tears because of the readers of this blog.

I am *so proud* to be associated with all of you. I am so very thankful that you are all here.